Tuesday 27 August 2013

That's all folks

I'm back home again now.  My parents spent a few days in New York and then met me at the beach for the tire dipping and at the church for the banquet.  They picked me up from the church Sunday morning and we drove back to Ontario together.

I had a blast this summer -- it was a great adventure.  I particularly enjoyed the mountains.  They were a bit of a challenge to climb, but the views from the top were breathtaking, and riding down the other side was always exhilarating.  The food was amazing and it's going to be hard to adjust back to a normal diet.  It was also interesting to see first hand some of the poverty that this tour is working to end, particularly in some of the inner cities and Native American territory we biked through and camped in, and to hear stories at the celebration services of specific ways we are making a difference.

I want to thank everyone for your support whether it was through donations, prayer, encouraging emails, or all of the above.  I couldn't have done this without your help.  Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mike, this was a huge achievement I'm sure you'll remember well the rest of your life.

    So the question now is are you going to continue cycling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave.

      We'll have to see how much cycling I'll do in the future. I enjoy cycling, but I don't see myself getting too serious about it. It can also be pretty time consuming. There's a group from my church that regularly goes mountain biking, so I'll probably give that a try.

      For the next few weeks I'll be focusing on running again. Sean accepted the CIBC Run for the Cure rematch challenge I put to him in one of my earlier posts, so I'll be preparing for that.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mike - I just got back from 5 days in the Finger Lakes so just posting this now. Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment! To think that you only started seriously cycling this past year - that makes this even more impressive! All the best in your future cycling endeavors....and oh yah, I officially bow to you on Dave W's whiteboard that tracks our mileage. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. I'm sure you'll get more miles than me next summer.

      Delete
  3. It's been interesting following you on your journey Mike. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete