Saturday 24 August 2013

Day 61

Friday - We did a lot of climbing again today, but we didn't have to go too far, and it is a little cooler as well, so it was a good ride.  The climbs were challenging, but the downhills were a lot of fun.  My bike computer doesn't work, so I don't know for sure how fast I was going, but I probably reached about 70 kph.  We had many great views along the Hudson River and from bridges over it.


Near the end of the ride, several of us stopped at a gazebo for some ice cream cones that Rachel had just bought for us.


After our peloton meeting, a large group of us took a walk along a path through the woods.  The trail was long and the sun had long set so it was quite dark and we could barely see where we were going.  Finally we started seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.  We stepped out onto the street and there before us was a large building surrounded by light.  Inside we were able to enjoy some delicious golden nectar (for a small exchange of paper).  It was a wonderful end to our last night of the tour.

Today's route.
Distance: 92.2 km
Elevation: +2736 / -2792 ft

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing journey, Gimli... uh, I mean Mike!

    On another note, since you don't have your Saturday post up yet...

    CONGRATULATIONS on being done your ride! :D :D :D Way to go, brother! You rock!!! I can't wait to see the final pics of the tire-dipping ceremony in the Atlantic!

    Have a great trip home today and we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean. I've finally got my Saturday post up. See you soon.

      Delete
  2. congratulations Mike!
    I'm going to miss your blogs.
    See you soon.
    -s.

    ReplyDelete