Sunday 11 August 2013

Day 48

Saturday - Pat Tiemens, a friend and fellow deacon from Stratford CRC, met me at the school this morning so we could ride together.  He recognized another cyclist here, Jessica Van de Hoef, who is his cousin, so the three of us rode together.


We stopped at Maranatha CRC in Cambridge early in the day where I met my sister and brother-in-law, Melinda and Sean (he's the Sean who's been posting so often here).  It was so great to see them again!  They and a few other member of the church put out water, fruit, and lots of goodies for us.  They put up some great signs to help us find the church, one of which had a personal greeting to me (above picture) which I actually missed coming in because I was so eager to see them.


We had a short ride into Ancaster with great weather and a nice tail wind.  Sean picked me and drove me back to their place so I could shower and do my laundry, and so we could have some "guy time" which means drinking beer and discussing theology.  My whole family got together for dinner at my parents' house.  It was so great to see them all again.  I might have some trouble leaving again on Monday.

Today's route.
Distance: 71.3 km
Elevation: +1497 / -1769 ft

2 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you again, Mike! Only two more weeks and then you're home for good - and then more great beer and theology discussions... and don't forget politics too!

    Okay, seriously, we're geeks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to have another guys night when I get back. It shouldn't take too long to get my beer cold again after I turn my fridge back on.

      Delete